Pinkdots

Friday, March 19, 2010

A little brag on my big girls and more.....

I had parent / teachers yesterday for Alexis and Olivia. My Olivia is now 9 and in 3rd grade while Alexis is 12 days away from turning 13 and in 7th grade. Time goes so fast and I hate how they are growing up right before my eyes. Both got great reports and are doing excellent in school! I am SO proud of both of them for all their hard work they have put in this past school year! I can't believe this school year is just 2 short months from being over. While I look forward to summer break and all that it brings - lazy days, warmer weather, softball, and sleeping in - I hate to think of next school year means I have 3 in school instead of 2. Ethan, who will be 5 in August, joins preschool.

I know Ethan is just the start of this. As he joins kindergarten the following year it will be Isabella joining preschool. Then comes Aidan.... I survived having 3 under 3 years old. There was SO many times I thought for sure I couldn't go on one more minute due to pure exhaustion of sleepless nights and running after toddlers with a newborn in my arms all day. It saddens me to think of the very near future of my kids growing up yet at the same time I am excited to see how they bloom and who they will turn out to be. I try to think of all the fun things we will get to do together as they grow. On days that I long for a quiet house with everyone at school I have to really think hard at how well I will really enjoy it. I am thinking I won't once it happens.

So today I will try not to think of tomorrow and just love today and what it brings with these crazy group of kids that are all MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment