Pinkdots

Monday, April 4, 2011

Well Crap....

I took a nice long vacation from blog land now didn't I?  Yes, it got put on the back burner when I promised myself it wouldn't.  We had a heck of a winter with lots of sick kiddos.  Thankfully dear hubby and I got lucky and got only a few of what was passed around and only mildly.  The poor kids didn't get off so lucky.  We had rounds of strep throat, ear infections, sinus infections, stomach bugs, bronchitis, and pneumoniaNot to mention countless colds and the real deal flu.  Needless to say I am more then happy Spring is here!  I have been open my windows and send the kids out to play!  

I haven't been totally neglectful in my crafting and creating however!  I managed to sew many Princess dresses for my 4 yr old for Christmas.  After sewing up a few of those I no longer will bat an eye paying $30.00 + dollars on a dress up dress.  All that tulle, shiny, and satin fabric is a royal pain to sew with.  I will admit that 4 months later they still are holding up fantastic after MANY days of playing in and washings!  Still.....

I took on the room of the little girls.... It isn't just a room.  It is chaos.  Olivia, 10 yrs, is a disaster.  We often joke she is a little tornado.  She comes into a room and things just seem to be blown in every direction.  The funny thing is that she doesn't even realize it.  All she really wanted for Christmas was craft *stuff* and a sewing machine.  A girl after my own heart!  So yes, that is what she got.  But to enjoy these crafts one needs a nice space to work at right?  Might as well make new beds, shelves, and storage while I am at it!  It turned out cute and I really love it.  It is done in their favorite color of Yellow.  I hate yellow but with two little girls who love it I am now starting to like it.  I find myself even being drawn to yellow fabric.  I will share pictures of this soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment